Congratulations for using Macmillan Readers to support your teaching!
Now the real fun begins…. Draw your very own book cover to win prizes!
Who can enter our Primary competition?
- All teachers who have recommended the purchase of our Readers and are using them in class for the 2015/2016 school term can enter!
- Entries will be divided into two age groups: Category 1: Ages 6 – 8 and Category 2: Ages 9 – 11
How to enter the competition:
- Step 1: In class, ask your pupils to talk about the cover of the Macmillan Readers book they are using and what they think of it:
What do you like about the book cover?
What do you dislike about the book cover?
How would you change the book cover to make it better?
- Step 2: Ask your pupils to draw a new exciting book cover for the Macmillan Reader they are using in class! Let them be as creative as they like – the world is their oyster!
- Step 3: Display all the book covers in the class and ask your pupils to vote their top book cover!
- Step 4: Quickly and simply upload the chosen cover to: https://macmillaneducation.wufoo.com/forms/primary-readers-competition/ or complete the form below
What happens next…?
All national entries will be judged by a panel of Macmillan staff children and the top 3 book covers will be posted on our social media pages for all our community of teachers and parents to vote for their new favourite cover!
Prize for the winning pupils class!
The winning pupils class will be prized with an incredible ShowTime event at their school. These events are designed to inspire and reinforce learning English by using the latest research in child neuropsychology to enhance the innate ability of children to learn whilst having fun. They use theater, music, magic, humor and games to connect with children and teach them the value of spontaneity, creativity and imagination.
Prize for all entries!
All entries will receive a pack of fun Readers for their class level (one pack per school, titles may vary)
Important info and dates to remember:
- The competition runs from 23rd September 2015 until 31st January 2016 midnight GMT
- The competition is only open to teachers who have recommended Macmillan Readers for the school year 2015-2016.
- Submitted drawings (photographs of drawings) should be in JPG, PNG or PDF format and no more than 10MB.
- All entries must be submitted via our online form.
- A maximum of 1 drawing is allowed per class.
- The winners will be announced in February 2016.
Terms and conditions
Complete terms and conditions for the competition can be found here.
So what are you waiting for…? Get those pupils drawing!