Mental Health Friendly Competition
La Federació de Salut Mental de Catalunya, Oxford House, Macmillan Education Iberia and Hoteles Catalonia have launched a lesson plan competition, for all those teaching English throughout Catalonia, to help reduce stigma inside the classroom. This competition is part of a general project to improve greater access to quality English language training for those suffering/recovering from mental health problems.
- The lesson should last 45 minutes
- The competition is open to all English teachers based in Catalonia.
- Those entering should take the following into account:
- Lesson plan must contain a specific grammar or vocabulary point.
– Provide a vision mental health difficulties in a an inclusive way that is non stereotypical.
– Must promote strengths rather than weaknesses of an individual who has experienced difficulties with their mental health and not paint them as a passive recipient to a paternalistic model of care.
– Must set out to promote diversity as a value within society.
Download Lesson Plan Template below
Send completed entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
before 12AM, 6th June 2015