From works of art to working with art!
• Each unit is centred around an authentic work of art, selected from different genres and followed up with a variety of practical tasks. This diversity engages pupils whilst working on a comprehensive skills set.
• Key phrases are provided to enable pupils to communicate effectively in English at all times throughout the class.
• The curriculum ensures that both language and skills development is gradual and structured. Each unit builds on prior knowledge and reinforces skills developed in previous units, ensuring a solid progression in all areas.
• The unit structure allows teachers the flexibility to adapt the material in conjunction with their own teaching situation and time requirements.
• The course provides opportunities for pupils to work both individually and in groups, focusing closely on cooperative learning skills.
• Cross-curricular links provide coherence in language development across all subject areas and optimise the opportunities for consolidation and practice of target language.