Team dictation: numbers
Pupils practise identifying, saying and writing numbers through a cooperative dictation activity.
Author: Joanne Ramsden
To listen to and write numbers
A copy of the numbers list for your reference. Copies of the blank grid for the class.
- In this activity, pupils work together as a team to complete a list of numbers.
- Organise the class into four teams and allow each team to choose a Captain.
- Ask the team Captains to come to the front. Give the remaining pupils a copy of the blank grid.
- Team Captains read the first number on the list, return to their team and convey the information.
- The team members write the number the team Captain tells them. Team members may help each other.
- Once all of the team members have written the number correctly, the team Captain returns to read the next number on the list.
- The first team to complete the list wins.