- Keep a copy of the adjectives grid hidden from the students.
- Draw a 4 x 4 (16 square) grid on the board and label each square with a number.
- Divide the class into two teams.
- Each team takes it in turn to call out two numbers. For example, Team A calls 2 and 6. You write the adjectives in number 2 and 6 squares: dirty and bad. If the two adjectives chosen are opposites, leave the words in place. If not, as is the case of the example, rub them out and it is Team B’s turn to call two numbers.
- You can use two different colours to represent each team’s words on the grid so that at the end of the game, the team with most adjectives wins.
Idea submitted by Agnes Houard, Progreso Idiomas, Palma.