- Use flashcards or write numbers clearly on big pieces of paper so that children can see them properly from the back of the class.
- Put the flashcards facing down on top of your head and show them to the children, sometimes revealing the numbers gradually and sometimes really quickly so that they have to be paying attention to guess the number. Children say the numbers.
- Once you have done this with flashcards of the figures you can do it with flashcards of the number words, so that they have to read them.
Completing Crazy street numbers Worksheet
- Show the worksheet to the children and explain that they have to read the number words that appear on each of the houses in the street.
- Next the children have to cut out the figures that appear at the bottom of the page and stick them above the corresponding number word on the door of the house, until every house has a word and a number on its door.
- You can set the colouring of the worksheet for homework.