- Start the class by saying Good Morning to the whole class and encourage them to reply.
- Introduce the song by singing it through once while the children listen. Complete the [—. —], by clapping twice.
- Sing it a second time and now encourage the children to join in, either by just clapping or by singing along with you too.
Good morning, good morning, How are you? [—. —] Good morning, good morning, How are you? [—. —] How are you this special day? We are glad you came to play Good morning, good morning, How are you? [—. —]
(To the tune of ‘If you’re happy and you know it …’)
- Sing the song doing the same actions, regularly for the first couple of weeks until you think the children are confident with the words.
- Introduce new actions for [—. —] by asking a child to find a rhythm of two beats, such as, clapping their hands on their knees or on their heads, clicking their tongue, making an animal sound, etc. and invite the other children to copy them. Each child in the class can then have their turn to be the circle time song leader, choosing an action and ‘leading’ the rest of the class that morning.
Idea submitted by Chloe Remy, Pre-primary teacher.