Pupils work together cooperatively to draw a picture of a house.
Author: Joanne Ramsden
To work as a team to listen to and follow a series of instructions to draw a house.
A copy of the instructions for drawing the house for team Captains
Parts of a house, colours
- In this activity, the pupils work together as a team to draw a house.
- Organise the class into four teams and allow each team to choose a team Captain.
- Prepare copies of the instructions at the front of the class for the team Captains to read.
- Ask the team Captains to come to the front. They read the first instruction on the list, return to their team and convey the information.
- The team members draw according to the instructions given by the team Captain. Each team members draws his/her own picture and team members may help each other.
- Once all of the team members have drawn the first part, the team Captain returns to read the next instruction.
- The first team to complete all of their pictures wins.