- Ask the pupils questions about Christmas: When is Christmas?(Winter/December/December 25th), What do you eat? (Meat/fish …), What presents do you like? (footballs, dolls, cars …).
- Give out the Christmas in Britain worksheet. Ask the pupils to read the text and draw their attention to the underlined words.
- Ask the pupils to read the definitions and match the definitions to the underlined words in the text. They then write the words in the spaces.
- Ask them to find the secret word that goes down the page (Christmas).
1. Carols, 2. Father Christmas, 3. Turkey, 4. Reindeer, 5. Presents, 6. Stockings,
7. Christmas trees, 8. Crackers, 9. Christmas Eve