Spring is in the air!
It’s almost Easter and what better way to celebrate than by discovering some useful idioms related to the season – Spring!
To learn idioms and their matching definitions
Macmillan English infographic and activity sheet.
www.macmillandictionary.com and www.quizlet.com
- Download one infographic and one set idiom and definition cards for each pair of students.
- Read out one or two idioms to your students, asking them to guess what the idioms might mean or what they may have in common.
- Give one set of cards to each pair of students and ask students to read and match the idioms and definitions. Then give out an infographic so students can check their answers.
- Carry out any or all three of the recommended activities at the end of the activity sheet.
- Ask students to use a dictionary, find more idioms, write definitions and use www.quizlet.com to share their finding or test the rest of the class.