Team dictation: Letters of the alphabet
Pupils practise saying the letters of the alphabet in a cooperative team game.
Author: Joanne Ramsden
To listen to and write letters
A copy of the letters list for your reference. Copies of the blank grid for the class.
The letters of the alphabet
- In this activity, pupils work together as a team to complete a list of letters of the alphabet.
- Organise the class into four teams and allow each team to choose a Captain.
- Ask the team Captains to come to the front. Give the remaining pupils a copy of the blank grid.
- Team Captains read the first letter on the list, return to their team and convey the information.
- The team members write the letter the team Captain tells them. Team members may help each other.
- Once all of the team members have written the letter correctly, the team Captain returns to read the next letter on the list.
- The first team to complete the list wins.