Use mind maps
Recording and recycling vocabulary.
To raise awareness of study techniques.
To create a mind map to record and recycle vocabulary.
A copy of the Mind map worksheet per student.
Grouping words, spelling.
Author: Kate Fryer
- Use the mind map activity before you start a new topic.
- Give out the worksheet, one per student.
- Ask the students to write the topic in the centre of the mind map and to complete the map with as many words as they know related to the topic area.
- They compare their work with a partner.
- Once you have studied the unit, ask your students to go back to their mind maps and to add, check and review the vocabulary of the topic. They may add to the topic at a later stage or you may wish to ask them to complete several mind maps for different topics throughout the course. These will serve as useful revision sheets.