Simile match-up activity
- Before you start this activity you may need to introduce and/or revise the vocabulary.
- Give a copy of the Valentine Greetings Worksheet to each pair of pupils. Ask them to carefully cut out the cards.
- The idea is to create similes by matching up the adjectives with the picture nouns, eg as deep as the sea, as sweet as sugar.
- Go around the class and help those pupils who are having problems.
- When all of the cards have been matched up, write the answers on the board and ask the pupils to read them out. Encourage the pupils to make up similes of their own using the blanks cards at the bottom of the Worksheet.
These activities can be done in preparation for making Valentine’s Day cards in class. The new vocabulary can be put into practice when creating the cards.