Choose the categories you want the children to revise. These can be other areas apart from vocabulary, for example, 1 – sing a song, 2 – ask a question etc. Or, you may ask the children to write or spell the words instead of naming them.
- Make a list of categories and copy them on the blackboard so that all of the children can see them. For example:
- Make sure that all of the children understand what each category means by asking them to suggest words that come under each category.
- Divide the class into groups of 3’s and give each group a dice.
- Set a time limit for the quiz and tell the class how long they have, for example, 15 minutes.
- Each child takes it in turn to throw the dice and to say the name of something in the category of the number shown on the dice. They are not allowed to repeat words that have already been said. The other children in the group check to make sure the word named is correct. The children can use their textbooks to check words and/or find words for the category being revised.